We are a bespoke team of retail experts focused on implementing Product Lifecycle Management solutions for retail, apparel, textiles manufacturing, footwear and consumer goods companies. With our deep understanding of the retail environment, product development and the pressure to reduce lead times, we work closely with our customers to analyse and identify challenges and opportunities, implement optimal digital solutions and embrace innovative processes.
We are a South African company passionate about the success of our local industry, and are proud to partner with global PLM leader, Centric Software, bringing industry best practice to Southern Africa’s textile, clothing, consumer goods, manufacturers, and local supplier communities.
Combining retail industry focus, technical expertise, and business systems experience, Cogworks provides Centric Software implementation and support services. With us, local customers are well supported and the costs of project implementation are reduced. We provide customers with full solution implementation and project management services;
Software System configuration services
Business analysis and solution design
System integration services
Change management and training
Ongoing operational support services
Hear from one of South Africa’s Centric Customers
Our team are experienced professionals and through the successful implementation of many large scale retail projects, understand collaboration and communication is key to technological solution implementations. Our focus is on delivery and providing value, we don’t follow the “old school” consulting model, absorbed with billing hours and hours of expensive locked in resources, and hence also draw specialists from our large network of independent consultants to complement our team and projects, when and as needed.
Understanding that user adoption is the ultimate indicator of successful project implementations, our team are well versed in utilising an Agile Methodology™ approach to projects. Implementation is broken down into small manageable chunks where there is constant user involvement, and a strong feedback loop from the user base throughout the span of a project. This ensures that they are handed over a solution that meets their requirements and there are no surprises.
We are very proud to be the local representatives for Centric Software, market leader of Product Lifecycle Management solutions in fashion, retail, luxury, footwear, outdoor, consumer goods and manufacturing.
Intuitive, user friendly and completely web-based solutions. Easy-to-use, “single version of the truth” approach to line planning, global sourcing, calendar management, materials management, costing, quality management, collection management, technical design and retail execution .
Centric 8 PLM’s interconnected modules are flexible, configurable and span the entire product process, from concept to customer.
• Get trend-right products to market on time and on budget.
• Expand visibility into deadlines and calendars.
• Improve understanding of materials requirements.
• Mitigate risks.
• Enhance decision-making.
Find out more
Block B – 3rd Floor
66-68 Albert Road
Cape Town, South Africa
Tel no: +27 21 409 7076
Cogworks Consulting is quickly growing and we are on the lookout for smart, talented people to join our team. If the opportunity below interests you, please get in touch, we’d love to hear from you.
BUSINESS IMPLEMENTATION CONSULTANT
Deliver Centric 8 Agile deployment projects on-time, per responsible technical and business goals of company (out-of-the-box configurations, customer business process mapping, and best practice advocacy).
Key Responsibilities: Provide technical leadership and support to customers designing and delivering Centric 8 Solutions focused on the Retail, Apparel & Footwear Industry and fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) and High-Fashion market.
Manage deployment projects per Centric’s Agile deployment methodology. Delivering customer solution model per use cases, configuration points and Centric’s Agile processes. Conduct customer business process analysis, information modelling, mapping to Centric 8 configurations, and interface definitions with related systems to be integrated. Data and process conversion from legacy PDM systems and tools. Provide customer guidance on process-system alignment practices, desk top procedures, process-system validation and training and on-going customer care.
- Coordinate and collaborate with customer implementation team and Centric teams to ensure a successful and referenceable delivery.
- Analyse customer business process requirements as a basis to propose Centric 8 (OOTB) Solutions.
- Consult, deploy, tune, configure, optimise and install Centric software stack within customer’s IT environment
- Produce written specifications (i.e. UML models, Centric 8 configurations) to capture business process requirements for proposed solutions and configuration activities.
- Analyse requirements and design solutions to address customer business scenarios within the product scope.
- Ensure clear understanding of customer’s technology requirements; provide support for Proposal and Project teams, provide technical leadership and vision to deliver large-scale, complex solutions.
- Develop and document Data/Object Model to meet customers’ requirements.
- Identify, delegate and execute project tasks including installing and configuring software, end user testing, deployment training, data migration and deployment support
POSITION MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, Supply Chain or similar.
- Experience and involvement in enterprise system deployments
- Experience with FMCG, Retail, Apparel and Fashion markets and industry best practices and change management considerations a plus
- Project management experience
- Strong and confident customer facing / consulting skills.
- Availability for travel and stays away from home
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Aptitude for or Experienced)
- Modelling methods and techniques (e.g. UML) and enterprise process and information modelling
- Experience with Windows operating systems
- Deployment and configuration of Web Applications
- SQL, relational database systems (Oracle and MSSQL)
- MS Office tools including MS Project and Visio, and related scripting languages
- Expertise in core technologies including: document management, system integration, data and process migration and conversion, security and access control, enterprise scalability and performance management, general project management, change management, and customer/ supplier collaboration processes.
- Expertise and domain knowledge of the Apparel industry and or Global Product Sourcing and FMCG processes and industry best practices
Contact Christina on firstname.lastname@example.org for further information 🙂